Moderators can edit comments on ideas, and can also remove them if necessary.
Editing a comment
If you would like to Edit a comment:
1. Click the grey down arrow to the right of the comment and select Edit Comment.
2. A window will open allowing you to edit the comment. From here you can change the comment text as well as any attachments or tagged/notified users.
3. Once you are happy with the changes click Save to finish editing your comment
When you remove a comment on an idea, neither admins, moderators nor users will be able to see it. In place of the removed comment, you will see the text This comment has been removed.
Any replies to the removed comment will still be visible.
If you would like to remove a comment that hasn't been reported by a user, you will need to first report the comment and then to remove it.
To do this:
1. Click the grey down arrow to the right of the comment and select Report this comment.
2. Select a reason that most closely matches the reason why you are removing the comment and click Report.
3. Click the grey down arrow again and select Edit Comment.
4. A window will open allowing you to edit the comment, it will also have two tick boxes underneath the comment text: Clear reports from comment and Remove comment.
5. Select the Remove comment box and click Save.
If you would like to remove a comment that has already been reported, follow steps three to five from the instructions above.
Reviewing a reported comment
If a user reports a comment, the comment will have a red flag on it, along with the reason that the comment was reported, and who reported it.
When a comment has been reported, you can remove the comment, edit it and clear the report on it, or you can clear the report without making any edits (for example, if you believe that there's nothing wrong with the comment).
As with editing and removing comments, click on the down arrow in the top right corner of the comment to bring up your options and click Edit comment.
If you would like to remove the comment, select Remove this comment and click Save.
If you would like to Edit the comment and/or to clear the report, make any changes that you wish to the comment, then make sure that Clear reports from comment is selected and click Save.