When designing and branding your community, you may want to add a video to one of your pages. This can be done in a number of ways depending on where you wish to display the video. In this guide, you'll see the different ways this can be added, the code you'll need and where to put it.
In this article
Finding the iFrame code for your video
Embedding a video to a custom page
Embedding a video to the dashboard page
If you're not sure how to create a custom page, we'd recommend reading our Custom page help guide first. You'll find this here.
Finding the iframe for your video
To add a video anywhere on the community you'll need to find the video's iframe code which allows the video to be embedded on the community. You'll find this on the website that the video is hosted on. We can only the following iframes from videos hosted on following websites:
Google Docs, Forms & Sheets
Please note that this list is not an endorsement of these services, you use these services at your own risk.
The code will look similar to the example below:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/210950879" width="285" height="165" frameborder="0"></iframe> (please feel free to use this Crowdicity video for testing purposes)
Once found, you'll need to copy this ready to paste it into your community.
Good to know
Videos on private video accounts can't be embedded on Crowdicity. Videos must be able to be viewed by anyone with access to the video link. If you have any questions about this please get in touch.
Adding a video to a custom page
You can use a custom page to create your own home page or add additional content on your community.
If you'd like to add a video to a custom page follow the steps below:
1. From the Admin menu open Pages CMS and click on your the page you'd like to add the video to.
2. Click the HTML button on the editor at the bottom of the last text field.
3. Paste your iframe in the HTML window and then click Update:
4. From here you can continue to edit your page and add any other content you'd like to include.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page once you are happy with your changes.
Adding a video to the dashboard page
You can add the video to the dashboard page so that it appears next to the challenge carousel as in the example below.
To add your video here:
1. From the Admin menu open Pages CMS and click on your dashboard page (this is the page that shows the challenge carousel and activity feeds).
2. In the Text field paste your iframe code:
3. To ensure the video fits neatly into the space available, change the video width to 285 and the height to 165 as per below:
<iframe width=" 285" height=" 165" src=" yourvideoURLhere" frameborder="0"></iframe>
4. Click Save to confirm your changes.