Posting and editing comments
A great way to get involved in Crowdicity communities is by commenting on ideas that other users have posted, it's a great way to show your support for an idea, or to help build on it. You can comment on an idea and reply to other users' comments.
In this article:
Posting a comment on an idea
- On an idea page, at the bottom of the idea, there is a comment box, in most cases this comment box has three fields:
- A space to type your comment
- A place to attach files
- A field to tag/notify other users
- If your community manager has turned off the ability to tag or notify users in ideas and comments, you will not see Notify individual users in the final box.
- Enter your comment in the box that says Type your comment here. If you don't want to add any images or files, or to notify any other users, simply click Post to post your comment.
- If you would like to upload a file to your comment, you can either drag and drop a file from your computer, or you can click the Attach files button.
- To drag and drop a file, select the file from your computer and drag it into the grey section of the comment box.
You can also attach a file by clicking the
Attach files button, which will open a file upload window. Choose the file that you would like attach to your comment and click
Open in the file upload window.
Once your files have been uploaded, you'll see a thumbnail with the file next to it. If you want to remove any attachments, click the grey 'x' to the right of the file.
- If you would like to tag other users in your comment, type their username after the @ symbol in the Notify individual users box. When you start typing their username, you will see all of the users with a username that matches what you are typing.
- Click on the username of the person that you would like to add to the comment. You can tag up to ten users in a comment and when you post your comment, they will receive a notification telling them that they have been tagged with a link to your comment. You can remove someone you've tagged by clicking on the cross next to their username.
- Once you are happy with your comment, click Post to add the comment to the idea.
Editing your comment
If you would like to Edit a comment that you have made:
Click the grey down arrow to the right of the comment and select Edit Comment.
- A window will open allowing you to edit your comment. From here you can change the comment text as well as the attachments and notified users.
- Once you are happy with the changes you have made click Save to finish editing your comment
Good to know
Comments can only be deleted by a moderator. If you would like your comment to be deleted, you will need to contact a moderator in your community.
The default view for the comment list shows all comments, and shows the oldest ones first, with newer posts added to the bottom of the list. You can choose which comments you would like to see, and in which order you'd like them to be sorted.
You can decide whether you would like to see all comments, just those made by moderators, or just those that have been added by an idea author. At the top of the comments list, you will see the options to switch between these options.
The drop down menu at the top right of the comments list allows you to chose how you would like to sort the comments. You can order the comments with the oldest first, the newest first, or those with the most votes first. Click on the drop down arrow in the box at the top right of the comments list and choose how you would like to sort the comments.
Need to go over anything again? Use the links below to jump back to any section in the article above!